Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Reading

I was never so much into reading.I have developed that habit over last few years.
I have observed that in last two years i have barely read fiction.
Since reading came in my life quite later as a habit, my fiction reading period was also short.Then there was a time when i used to read two books at a time,a strict combination of fiction and non-fiction.Now i am only invited by Non-fiction books.It has become easy reading for me.I will probably have to take efforts to read a classic.

One thing i like about non-fiction reading(i read biographies of businessmen) is that its a nice way of learning through others' experiences.An autobiography is a way of living through one's experiences,which is any day more exciting than reading some story which is part truth part imagination.Without further justifying my choice of NOT reading fiction,i will get to the point.I am trying to bring some variety in my reading.So this next month i shall read all kind of books,fiction,...non fiction...classic..contemporary.all colours and shades!!


-----------------------------

I showed a letter to four people today.As a part of formality they were needed to read it.I was surprised to see how much time each of them took to actually read it.In one of the cases i started counting from 100 backwards to kill time!!
If people at managerial posts take so long to read a piece of information,i wonder how they manage to do other tasks??Its a good way to test a manager i think.

No comments: