Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Beauty lies in...

There is madness in perfection and creativity in incomplete. But as long as there is originality, I enjoy the music. I leave my paintings incomplete if I lose that flow of....err feelings? Better be incomplete than be perfect because there is a catch 22 situation here. You try to complete your painting(even after losing interest) just to make it look complete and perfect. What you get is a complete picture but you are left with an incomplete state of mind. That is fooling yourself. So leave it there... you should know when to stop, when to start again (if at all you will)...I haven't been as much bothered by my incomplete paintings as with those I completed with force. Some of them are so beautiful to others, yet I don't want to have a second look at them. I cant tolerate them.They are a mistake for me...a mistake in the process. And therefore they bring dis-satisfaction. I am attracted to perfection, since I can never be so perfect. Look at any artist who is passionate about his work, the process is always important to him/her than the outcome. It's like when you look at the output, others are just looking AT it. But the artist recalls the process, and it makes her feel beautiful, complete.

6 comments:

pooja said...

I wish there was a thumbs up symbol that we could click on here...very interesting post..well atleast it seems interesting to the reader...hope u wrote it down with all ur interest..!am sure u wold have!;)

Abha said...

Ohh thats a good idea!! :D I will see if i can get a thumbs up sign in add gadgets.
yes i wrote it with all my interest because this post is about my interests ;)

anand said...

the post of ur interest was indeed interesting :)
good 1!

Unknown said...

like like like! :)

Abha said...

@ anand : thanks!!
@ moon : i will show you wait for sometime..

DemonDave said...

Really deep stuff here. I can relate, I know exactly what you mean. Some things are better left unfinished, if finishing it is a forced effort.

This may just be me, but often times, when I'm dissatisfied with an incomplete image, and I'm certain that I'm not going to like the final result, I'll do some heavy distortion and mangling of the image. Sometimes an even more beautiful piece of work emerges from this process; other times, I give up entirely in frustration. Such is the woe of an artist, I suppose.