Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dream

A: How do I believe you are seeing it the way i do?
B: My eyes are open darling.
A: Now try to see it with your eyes closed

Your dreams are unique- no other person can have your background, your emotions and your experience.But thats what makes interpretating and sharing a dream so challenging.
I am seeing a lot of dreams lately.As a friend said- we all see lot of dreams but we remember very few when we get up.Sometimes we dont remember seeing them at all.
Last night I had a dream.There was a magical song in it.We both were little girls in our frocks.The sun was shining bright, not the scorch bright but pleasant warm sun. The dew had begun to melt upon the green green grass.We were in a park...no not a park...a meadow. Yea because the greenery was never ending as far as the eye could see.
Then I promised you something, my friend.
Remember all those fantasy stories we would share and completely fall for in the childhood? Yea that kind of promise. Easily made and quickly agreed upon. Never broken, never misunderstood.
So yeah...a promise i made to you. To show you something i'd just discovered and oh i just couldn't wait to share it with you.

I had a piece of paper of yellow tint and it had got tender with age. However, the soft words written on it in a mystical font, were fully legible. It looked like a page torn from an old Book of Magic.
The words were simple and sweet..like a nursery rhyme. Easy to remember and repeat after.

"Standing on green grass on a thursday morning,
let me spell a magic
A magic that can be shared
only with the dearest of your friends."


We checked was it a thursday morning? Yes it was.

"The sun is giving out golden rays
and the dew is melting under our feet
while the grass sparkles at the far edge,
the morning freshness is complete."


As we said these words together an amazing thing happened.
When we said each of these words, the respective things happened. The light around us grew golden for few seconds..the dew melted and the effect of light passing through the dew did make the grass shine more beautiful.

..The beds of roses are not just red
they have pink, purple and yellow too.

(respective bushes of flowers get highlighted in the same order- red, pink, purple and yellow)

Now we are getting excited..we continue to read from the paper..
“Walking a little further we see
A pool of water with water lilies
Catch them blooming all at once
In heavens you can’t have a better sight.”


All of it was coming true!! Marvellous!

A rainbow comes out on your left
Count the colours on it
Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow and Orange.
Oh this time you’ll see red too!

And for the first time i saw the colour red in the rainbow, so clearly!

Please make a way for the crocodiles,
They are crawling towards their ponds


And the creepy reptiles passed by us but we were strangely not frightened by this. In fact our eyes grew wider and more alert. The spectacle that was arising each moment..
Arising and passing away..
Arising and passing away…
But nothing went unnoticed. Nothing got missed by our completely awake senses.

The fishes in the pond moving with agility
Creating ripples and bubbles as they move
And oh now the golden ones
Will come on the surface too..

A moment and a breathe passed, but no golden fish was to be seen. It was a small block coming in the way of the series of miracles. No golden fish yet??
We hoped and waited anxiously for the given to happen. But nothing moved. The water in the pond in front of us lay still. As if even the purple fishes that were randomly coming up now and then, upon knowing that two pairs of anxious eyes are waiting for some action, decided to remain safe at the bottom. Hidden.
What had happened here? The splendour had died a sudden death?
Did we do something wrong? I looked at the paper again…maybe reading those lines over slowly again will rebuild the magic. Slowly I spoke out-
And oh now the golden ones…
I lifted my eyes simultaneously. No movement. Nothing.
I told my friend. Lets read this together and I am sure something will happen. I repeated the line, with my friend this time.
Still nothing. And beating myself up to what had actually gone wrong, I woke up and sat on my bed.
I woke up?
Oh this was a dream!?! It seemed so real. The magic in my dream was so real. I almost lived it. Almost. It was the most beautiful dream I ever had! I wanted to describe this to you as you were there with me in the dream too. We were having such a great time together. But how could I have described it to you? Show you.. a video, a photograph, few words….or better all put together? Even if I try to attempt showing you with everything that I can, I won’t be able to make you feel the magic of those moments. Those priceless, mystical and seemingly never ending moments.. we lived them as they came to us . So pure, so blissful.
Living moments . Becoming moments.

How I wish I could have taken you along in my dream. Wish there was a SAVE or DOWNLOAD option and then a SHARE option for sharing dreams too..
You would have loved it then. Not just LIKE’d it or SUPER LIKE’d it. You would’ve probably lived it like me then.
Maybe my kids or my kids' kids will be able to SHARE dreams someday. :)

3 comments:

JDurvesh said...

Well Abha, U writing has fine rhythm it has from the heart.There will be rainbows of success, like those reptiles the difficulties would run away,Friends would be like Fishes creating bubbles of happiness for you.

And u have recreated the Dream for us through the Magic and Mysticism in Ur Words!!

Best Wishes!!

sid! said...

:D super like!

McDishy said...

What a terrific piece of writing! Thank you for sharing - I'll definitely be back!