Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It happened to me

Déjà vu

I entered M11.They were all sitting in a group and chatting .When I opened the door,it felt like I was entering a setup.Every object there seemed to be set-up according to my imagination, exactly where I had imagined them to be.I had a strong feeling that everything,every action in the room was a repetition. “I have been through this before”,..”but when?”…they were all talking,some saw me come in and said hi’.But I couldn’t concentrate on what anyone was saying.I was too dumb to react to this experience.I wanted to justify it somehow…”When exactly did this happen,this same scene…” and feeling stayed for 3-4 seconds, but it seemed hours passed by,as I strained my mind to recollect something of the similar sort. But no success. I exhaled and said RELAX! A déjà vu again!!
I have had similar experiences before.Once I remember a deja-vu lasting for pretty long time, while I was sitting at home.I look at the watch to see the time and something strikes.Many seconds pass by.I try to look at anything around that shall break the spell but I am not able to differentiate realty from what I was seeing.(going thru).It was not unlike any film you watch for a second time, except this one invariably gives you goose bumps once you are done with it!!
Earlier I remember getting damn scared.While I was still in school and wasn’t aware something called Déjà vu. I was forced to think “am I going nuts?”…”what the hell was that!”.. but now its easier for me to settle with the confirmation that everyone experiences it some time or other.
But now since the word is much in news because of the movie releasing soon,I would like find more about it. Some plain questions if you can answer…”Why does it occur?”What does it signify or it doesn’t signify anything at all(hope this is the case).And how many times have you guys experienced it….some definite facts you have in regard to this, then please reply!

7 comments:

Metallica bhakt! said...

i have had many such experiences b4..so dont worry ur perfectly normal..:)

Dhandal said...

i remember experiencing such a thing when i was a kid...seeing at scene which i had already gone thru some time back....it was quite scary then...

Anonymous said...

u are mad nothing else.go to mental hospital urgently

Abha said...

Sweet Angel n dhandal:thnx for ur comments.
Anon :go to hell!

Anonymous said...

hey u abnormaly normal(i dont know wat it means)dats perf akin 2 wat i experience. i exp it evry tim i go to a new place evry tim

Anonymous said...

hey abha you go to hell

Sanika said...

Hi.. Got to your blog through a series of links :)
Interesting articles. And I'v experienced this feeling often too - loads of people do, I guess. There was also some theory I read explaining this a few days back - but it was just a hypothesis, not a factual explanation.. It said something along the lines of 'Your brains processes a particular situation faster than it normally does, and hence it ends up processing the same thing twice' or something like that, end result being that you cant distinguish when you had perceived it all before - you end up feeling it happened ages back.