Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just what i needed :)

It was saturday evening around 4:30.After 6 hours of stats and research methodolgy,i bunk my accounts lecture.I walk up to Marine drive alone while the dark clouds are hanging there,they look so dense and so heavy.There is a lot of crowd at Marine Drive.Its just some fresh air i need.And maybe with the help of it,some clarity of thought will come.Last few months have been an eye opener;i had enough opportunities to realise that i dont think too clearly about most of the things.I have been taking the privelege of being an ambiguous person for too long and how i just manage to express myself!

One day you come to know that most of the times you were not expressing your thoughts too well.All this while,you thought you are expressing,but others dont think so.You just managed;maybe because you were around with the same set of people always who know you too well to misunderstand you.Its good that atleast i know what is happening.What i do with this knowledge is of second importance.(Ofcourse i will do something about it..)

So i spend some 40-50 minutes sitting there-reading; looking at the sea,clouds,birds,rocks.I suddenly felt like a child again.When i was a kid the best thing i liked doing was "nothing".I used to do a lot of it then.Gazing at far off objects.lying on grass,sitting on swings...Thinking of it now,it used to be a kind of meditation-Spending time not doing anything and more importantly not feeling guilty about it.

That makes you feel so light.Its like you are the non-bottleneck machine who doesnt need to be on roll all the time just to utilise your full capacity.
Excuse me for that example,i have been reading Goal by Goldratt.

I have been so hungry lately.Perhaps because i take short meals and get hungry again in couple of hours.So from Marine Drive,i went to Barista and ordered stuff and continued reading.I ate my heartful,read my mindful,paid the bill and walked out.Along the footpath at the bookseller,as a matter of habit,my eyes happened to gaze upon the titles.There it was "Stay hungry,stay foolish."I laughed in my mind thinking its so apt for me.Except for the other meaning of "hungry".

It was a nice start for my weekend.I hope whatever time i have,i make good use of it,even if it means doing nothing ;)I had my 'things to do' next week planned at Barista,hope i manage to do it all,"well".Idea is to feel good about what i do.

I headed for home.It was a fine evening :) just what i needed!

11 comments:

PC said...

Aah! the moments of just being :) Abhs..marine drive ...n books..it all so matches perfectly :) ...I hope i have such an evenin too...i need it that 4 sure :P take care abhs :)

Dhandal said...

and a perfect saturday evening was followed with a sunday day out! :)

and all tht realisation of not expressing well, i guess the gushing wind, still rocks, waves on the drive do the trick of making one think, think real deep :)

Abha said...

@ PC : you can have it,just dont keep waiting for it to happen.:D
@ dhandal : i swear i made most out of this weekend just coz you guys were around :D

Metallica bhakt! said...

I miss you!!
I miss the random headshakes!
Actually speaking, its now that I realize that how much I had taken friends for granted but now I realize how difficult it is to make friends in the professional set up!

simply me! said...

The feeling like a child part was really nice! :) its indeed needed sometimes to have a day like to calm u down from the hustle bustle!

Abha said...

@ metallica : i miss you too gal! Lets meet up before this year ends :)
@ simply me : i miss u too.what have you been upto?

pooja said...

that was very well expressed....really nice!

Abha said...

thanks pooja :)

sid! said...

"What i do with this knowledge is of second importance.(Ofcourse i will do something about it..)"
Lol

"When i was a kid the best thing i liked doing was "nothing".I used to do a lot of it then."
As my mon rightly says, i can author a books on doing "Nothing"

"There it was "Stay hungry,stay foolish."
Have you read the buk? i picked it up on Last Dec end..it worth reading, lemme know if its on ur wishlist!

Abha said...

@sid-If you recommend it,i will read it.:)You know what kind of books i like.

Ohmcar said...

All alone at Marine drive...sitting by the sea... Wow ! Had done it just once(did not read any book though) Its just awesome.

And..the part "maybe because you were around with the same set of people always who know you too well to misunderstand you"...totally true.